Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pills, Patients & Profits

Pills, Patients & Profits

The CTV W5 program in which I appeared aired on the CTV network on March 27, 2010. Some say they haven’t seen it; yet some tell me they have seen it many times. The consensus seems to be that the program struck a nerve of accuracy among cancer patients and the Canadian public. The link below will enable you to view it again or for the first time.

If you have any comments you wish to share, feel free to do so on the blog, or make you comments available to me at the Email address below:

Frank.boyd@bellaliant.net.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100326/w5_pills_100326/20100327


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank - I've only recently come across your blog. I just watched the TV broadcast. Here in the UK Revlimid is not automatically available due to the cost and limited number of myeloma patients.

I watched the other news item on Thalidmoide too. We do get that as a first line treatment.

I was amazed at the Celgene director's comments about 60% of patients getting it on compassionate grounds - surely it would be better to lower the price and it could be bought for 100% of patients.

Very warm wishes to you

Paula